Name: Liara Elouise Bainard
Personality: Liara is a rather boisterous young lady with more tomboyish pursuits than her mother should like. She has a tendency to visually display lady-like attributes while acting none of the sort. She is a very genuine person and hasn’t quite learned tact yet much to the dismay of her mother, but to the absolute delight of her older twin brothers, Daniel and Leon, who egg her on in her honesty. She has been brought up since birth to not question anything about Prince Reinhardt so it is very natural for her to want to serve him.
Growing up in the Merchant class she hasn’t known a lot of want which made her able to focus on both training and studying. She absolutely loves training and spending time outdoors. Her Mother is a graduate from the Mage academy and greatly wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps. Her father has also begun to apply pressure for marriage and that has given her all the more reason to choose to join the academy instead. Growing up following around her two older brothers gave her a very different perspective of the world because they never censored themselves around her. She knows of the training for war, as well as the exhaustive search for peace.
- The Bainard’s are a ranching family of the merchant class. They provide the steeds for Reinhardt's men and plan to continue to make sure the royal prince has all the service available.
- Daniel and Leon are both fighting for Reinhardt, but Leon came back into town to let his father know that if the war efforts may be in vein and that the civil unrest may cause a civil war.
- Liara has a tendency to be a very fast learner physically, which made her a great trainer in the Ponyta and Blitzen category. Her father was not comfortable with all of his children being trainers, but her mother allowed it to continue. Eventually they came to an agreement that as long as she pursued her mental studies at the Mage Academy she would be allowed to continue to train pokemon, regardless of how unladylike it may have been.
- Her family emblem is Moltress, or the Flaming Bird Pokemon. Since it's a legend and hasn't really been seen, the emblem is an artistic representation. She has it sewn onto the sash around her hips that also serves as a head scarf for when it is raining or dusting.
- Her nose was severely broken when she was younger causing her to have a rather large bump. She is flat-chested and has not developed any curves yet, and the only ones seen are a deception of her dress.
DESMOND the Ponyta:
THEME SONG: [link]
[StarStrukk, 3oh3 (think Katy Perry flamboyant)]
Desmond was given to Liara because her siblings got to pick between three eggs that her father set up for them. Her pick was last as she was the youngest, and she happened to luck out with the only shiny pokemon born on the ranch. Her father decided that he was going to become brilliant breeding stock, but unfortunately, they could never get him to take a shine to any of the other ponytas.
Liara has a tendency to talk to Desmond because of the way that he reacts to her. When expressing a problem the extremely expressive pokemon will give her a heavy sigh or eye roll, as well as encouraging head buds and playful prancing when things are going well. (Such as a perfect grooming, putting her in a very stylish dress, or an incredibly brutal incineration.)
His talent lies in his ability to prance, landing fiercely and precisely. Originally Liara had taught him only fire moves, but because of his naturally flamboyant nature, the attacks would get out of control too quickly, so her father made her limit it to one.
REGINOLD the Electrike:
Theme Song: [link]
[Black Bubblegum, Dillinger Escape Plan (though a characteristically incredibly happy pokemon, one wrong step towards Liara and the vicious wolf comes out)]
Being incredibly positive toward Liara and the other pokemon in the group, Reginold can give off the impression that he is not a vicious fighter. But one wrong step can set him into attack mode and he’s quite quick to discharge to kill. He is noble to a fault for his master, as he is her starter. Because Liara hasn’t let him evolve for such a long time he’s mastered control of his electricity. He could easily be imagined as that dog that runs in 60 circles as you walk through the door to your home.
This is how I image how Reg reacts to Liara all the time… and just in life. [link]
Emiline the Froslass :
THEME SONG: [link]
Originally the starter for Liara’s mother Lydia, Emiline has a tendency to be incredibly stealthy and frigid like her type would suggest. An unusual warm sense of guidance is given to Liara from Emiline because of a maternal instinct that Lydia made sure to instill in the Froslass. Unfortunately, because Emiline is so powerful it makes her a bit more difficult for Liara to control if she acts even remotely youthful. It doesn’t work against Liara, it’s just that Emiline thinks that she knows best, and until Liara proves herself to be as strong as her mother, she’s going to be a little indignant… with love.
Her gestures typically include a lot of slow fluid movement, much like the blend of a ballerina and a snake. Unnervingly quiet thanks to her ghost element usually she is only noticed because of the chill she puts in the air.